Cases Of Whiplash Seen By Our Kennesaw Chiropractic Team
At Discover Chiropractic and Rehabilitation, our Kennesaw chiropractors, Dr. Craig Gruber and Dr. Angela Ferrari, encourage you to come in for an evaluation as soon as possible after your accident. Auto accident injuries may affect your neck, shoulders, back, and legs. However, you may not always immediately experience the symptoms from these injuries. Some injury symptoms, such as whiplash, may occur a few days following the auto accident. Dr. Gruber and Dr. Ferrari examine your injuries to determine the best chiropractic care plan for your recovery. We use holistic treatment options so you do not struggle with medication side effects. Instead, our approach aligns your body for optimal nerve flow, circulation, and healing.
Symptoms of Whiplash
Dr. Gruber and Dr. Ferrari have 23 years of experiencing in helping others recover from auto accident injuries such as whiplash. Whiplash occurs when you are hit from behind or hit someone from behind. During the collision, your head quickly thrusts forward and backward as your natural forward movement is suddenly stopped. This may stress the muscles in your neck and upper back and may also push the vertebrae out of alignment. In some situations, the discs between your vertebrae may be compressed and begin bulging. a whiplash injury brings a variety of symptoms including:
- Headaches - when the nerves, vertebrae, muscles, and discs have suffered trauma, you may experience inflammation and a decrease in nerve flow to your brain. Headaches may result from the injuries.
- Neck pain - the forceful moving of your head forward and backward has most likely strained the muscles in your neck. Your neck pain may be from these overstretched muscles or could be the result of vertebrae out of alignment and press on nerves.
- Migraines - constant headaches or headaches that are accompanied by light sensitivity, nausea, difficulty focusing or debilitating pain may be labeled as a migraine.
- Stiffness in the neck - as your body tries to heal from the accident, your ability to turn and nod your head may be limited. The stretched muscles and vertebrae that have moved out of place limited your mobility.
- Shoulder pain - whiplash may also bring pain in your upper back or shoulders depending on the location of the injury.
Visit us at Whiplash Chiropractic Care in Kennesaw
Discover Chiropractic and Rehabilitation offers a variety of services for whiplash. If you have been involved in a collision, please let Dr. Gruber or Dr. Ferrari evaluate your condition. If we determine you are struggling with whiplash, our chiropractors gently position the vertebrae of your neck to alleviate your pain and increase your range of motion. Our rehabilitative team teaches you exercises to strengthen your tender muscles as your body works to restore itself to health. Our services provide natural relief for whiplash and begin to work immediately. We offer free consultations for new patients and welcome the opportunity to care for those living in and around the Kennesaw area. To schedule your appointment, please call us today at 770-423-9010.